Parkinson’s Disease (PD) is the second most common neurodegenerative disease after Alzheimer’s disease, affecting around 7.4 million people worldwide. It is caused by the progressive loss of dopamine-producing neurons in the substantia nigra within the basal ganglia. The main motor symptoms are tremors, bradykinesia and rigidity, although symptoms vary between individuals. As the disease progresses to more advanced stages, increasing symptoms and complications develop, which can cause severe disability in patients.
The current market offers a number of anti-PD treatment options which provide symptomatic relief. Levodopa is currently the gold standard therapy, with other drug classes including dopamine agonists and Monoamine Oxidase B (MAO-B) inhibitors also used to treat early and advanced cases. With no current treatment showing effectiveness in delaying the course of the disease, PD remains incurable. The high unmet need for a disease-modifying therapy is reflected in the pipeline, where a high proportion of early-stage first-in-class programs target the potential pathogenic mechanisms underlying neurodegeneration.
PD is a crowded market with many neuromodulatory drug classes available. However, a disease-modifying therapy with neuroprotective effects is yet to be developed.
– What are the primary mechanisms that are thought to contribute to neuronal death?
– What are the major barriers facing the development of investigational neuroprotective candidates?
Analysis reveals a high level of innovation and diversity in the pipeline, with 121 first-in-class programs acting on 57 unique molecular targets.
Neuromodulatory targets remain the dominant target family, particularly in the late-stage pipeline.
– What are the first-in-class families with a significant presence?
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to –
– Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape by considering the proposed pathogenic processes underlying PD neurodegeneration, diagnosis, prognosis, and the available treatment options and their usage in early and advanced PD.
– Visualize the composition of the PD market to highlight the current unmet needs in order to gain a competitive understanding of the key opportunities.
– Analyze the PD pipeline and stratify by stage of development, molecule type, and molecular target – the diversity of molecular targets in the pipeline is extremely encouraging due to the multifaceted nature of PD.
Browse All Reports of This Category : http://www.acutemarketreports.com/category/pharmaceutical-market
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 3
1.2 List of Figures 3
2 Executive Summary 4
2.1 High Unmet Needs Remain in Parkinson’s Disease Market 4
2.2 Diverse and Innovative Pipeline to Shift Focus to Disease Modification 4
2.3 Deals Landscape Presents Substantial Investment Opportunities 4
3 The Case for Innovation 5
3.1 Growing Opportunities for Biologic Products 6
3.2 Diversification of Molecular Targets 6
3.3 Innovative First-in-Class Product Developments Remain Attractive 6
3.4 Regulatory and Reimbursement Policy Shifts Favor First-in-Class Product Innovation 7
3.5 Sustained Innovation 7
3.6 GBI Research Report Guidance 8
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. It is your only source that can fulfill all your market research requirements.We provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade our collection regularly to offer you direct online access to the worlds most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends.
Contact Us :
Name : Chris Paul
ACUTE MARKET REPORTS
Designation : Global Sales Manager
Toll Free(US/CANADA): +1-855-455-8662
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.acutemarketreports.com